Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Gagamania Update: Gaga & Rihanna on "Silly Boy"

Robalini's Note: I swear I didn't know about this song before I wrote about Gaga or mentioned the Rihanna photos with hoop nipple rings. Though record executives representing both now claim "Silly Boy" isn't them, this song seems just too good to be a fake. The voice purported to be Rihanna's has her same icy robotic charm, and lyrically and sonically this sounds like another Gaga-penned gem. So if it is a fake, whoever is behind it should be signed to a record contract.

My guess is they're trying to keep this song under wraps until Rihanna's album is release later this year. A Rihanna-Gaga team-up on a "You're a jerk" song is perfect timing. Right up there with "You're So Vain" and "You Oughtta Now", it's a great song that will likely be even more appreciated by any woman who has pissed off at a guy for being an asshole - which means this song has a target audience of 3 billion by my estimates. (Some of them by me...)

http://blogs.nypost.com/popwrap/archives/2009/05/rihannas_gaga_song_chris_brown.html

Rihanna Slams Chris Brown in New Song!!

Another day, another Rihanna and Chris Brown update. This time, with audio accompaniment!

Rihanna and the unstoppable Lady GaGa -- I'm convinced there are five of her running around -- are teaming up on Chris Brown. And guess who's getting the word out ... Kanye West.

Kanye posted a new collaboration track by RiRi and GaGa (hehe, funny) called "Silly Boy" on his blog last night and boy are the lyrics awfully revealing. I'm not sure if this song is a direct jab at the accused gal beater Chris Brown or just a downright coincidence ... wait, I'm pretty sure it's a jab.

A key verse on the track is "'cause you had a good girl, good girl, girl /That's a keeper /You had a good girl, good girl /but didn't know how to treat her." Yep, sounds like she is talking to Mr. Brown. "Game's over, you lose," she says. Look who finally found her pair of smarty pants and got a clue.

My favorite part of this little nugget of info isn't the actual song, but the fact that Kanye posted it, and for free to download. It looks like he wants us all to have a hot summer track -- not only to dance to but as a reminded that we should dislike Chris "Black&Blue" Brown.

To hear the song:

http://www.kanyeuniversecity.com/blog/?em3106=231629_-1__0_~0_-1_5_2008_0_0&em3161=&em3281

"Silly Boy"
Rihanna - Lady Gaga

You're callin' me more than ever now that we're done
Two keys back to my place, we were having no fun
But you're not ok, tellin' me you miss my face
I remember when you would say you hate my waist

I said I'm not coming back, it's it
You fooled me once but you can't have that ego turning
Just too bad for you, that when you had me
Didn't know what to do, She's over you

Cause you had a good girl, good girl, girl
That's a keeper, k-k-k-k-keeper
You had a good girl, good girl but
Didn't know how to treat her, t-t-t-t-treat her (treat her)
So silly boy get out my face (my face)
Why do you like the way regrets taste?
So silly boy get out my hair my hair (get outta here)
No, I don't want you no more (get outta here)

Silly boy (silly boy)
Why you acting silly boy?
Silly boy boy (boy boy)
Acting acting silly boy?

You comin with those corny lines, can't live without me
I'll get some flowers for the day that you are buried
No, people make mistakes, but I just think your ass is fake
Only thing I want from you, is for you to (stay away)

I said I'm not coming back, it's it
You fooled me once but you can't have that ego turning
Just too bad for you, that when you had me
Didn't know what to do, she's over you

Cause you had a good girl, good girl, girl
That's a keeper, k-k-k-k-keeper
You had a good girl, good girl but
Didn't know how to treat her, t-t-t-t-treat her (treat her)
So silly boy get out my face (my face)
Why do you like the way regrets taste?
So silly boy get out my hair my hair (get outta here)
No I don't want you no more (get outta here)

No more, no more, no more (nooo ooohhh)
(Oooh)

Silly boy (silly boy)
Why you acting silly boy?
Silly boy boy (boyboy)
Acting acting silly boy?
Silly boy (silly boy)
Why you acting silly boy?
Silly boy boy (boy boy)
Acting acting silly boy?

(Yeahhh)

So silly boy get out my face (my face)
Why do you like the way regrets taste?
So silly boy get out my hair my hair (Get outta here)
No I don't want you no more (get outta here)

Silly boy (silly boy)
Why you acting silly boy?
Silly boy boy (boy boy)
Acting acting silly boy?

No comments: