Wednesday, May 30, 2012

A Little Treat... from Michael Moore


Friday, May 4th, 2012

Friends,

Here's a free song for you:

http://soundcloud.com/occupy-this-album/01-michael-moore-the-times

It's my contribution to "Occupy This Album", a compilation CD (99 songs!) featuring David Crosby & Graham Nash, Steve Earle, Tom Morello, Willie Nelson, Ani DiFranco, Third Eye Blind, Immortal Technique and Jackson Browne to be released Tuesday, May 15th. All proceeds from this album will go to fund the Occupy Wall Street movement (all the musicians and songwriters have donated their time and music).

They asked me if I'd like to record a poem or maybe make a music video of some of the songs. I said, "I could just sing a song."

When the laughter died down, I recorded this.

I hope you enjoy my first try at this new profession (though I have no intention of giving up my day job).

And thank you, Bob Dylan, for your contribution, and for approving this, my debut.

Enjoy!

Michael Moore
MMFlint@MichaelMoore.com
@MMFlint
MichaelMoore.com


No comments: