Saturday, November 5, 2011

Awesome Quotes: Wall Street

"I had a vision of a way we could have no enemies ever again, if you're interested in this. Anybody interested in hearing this?

It's kind of an interesting theory, and all we have to do is make one decisive act and we can rid the world of all our enemies at once.

Here's what we do. You know all that money we spend on nuclear weapons and defense every year? Trillions of dollars.

Instead, if we spent that money feeding and clothing the poor of the world, which it would pay for many times over, not one human being excluded ... not one ... we could as one race explore inner and outer space together in peace, forever."

Bill Hicks, Comedian
December 16th, 1961 - February 26th, 1994
Okay, this quote isn't exactly about Wall Street, but it might as well be...

“I spent 20 years overseas, I’m a war correspondent. I came back and realized that corporations have carried out a coup d’état in my country.”
Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Chris Hedges

“'Fortune' is a word for having a lot of money and for having a lot of luck, but that does not mean the word has two definitions."
Lemony Snicket

“I think historians when they look at this time, they’re going to wonder why the wealthy overplayed their hand like this. Why would they, when they had it so good? They had the middle class voting for the politicians that the wealthy bought, everything was running just fine, they were posting profits of a billion a year, but that wasn’t enough for them.”
Michael Moore

“I think there’s a difference between Wall Street and capitalism. I’m good with capitalism. I have a lot of trouble with Wall Street.”
Patrick Byrne, Overstock.com CEO

No comments: