Thursday, September 10, 2009

The Firesign Theater Appearing Live in Los Angeles

http://www.dangerousminds.net/index.php/site/comments/dear_friends_the_firesign_theater_appearing_live_in_los_angeles

Dear Friends: The Firesign Theater Appearing Live in Los Angeles
09.05.2009
Richard Metzger

A reminder that the legendary Firesign Theater will be reuniting for a series of four shows in Los Angeles, October 14-17th, at the intimate Barnsdall Gallery Theater at 4800 Hollywood Blvd. Called “The Beatles of Comedy” by The Library of Congress, this will be the first FST performance in their hometown in over fifteen years! The Four or Five Crazy Guys will also be signing things and relaxing with fans after each show.

I’ve been a FST fanatic for over thirty years now. I’ve spent countless hours listening to the sound of their voices and I consider what they do to be a uniquely American art form. Put me in the room with another FST fan and I can bullshit with them for 24 hours straight. I can’t wait for this! Also, coming soon on Dangerous Minds, an interview with Philip Procter and Peter Bergman of the Firesign Theater, in studio on September 20th.

No comments: