Friday, October 15, 2010

Alton Brown Calls Man v Food Gluttonous and "Disgusting"


Robalini's Verdict: I side with Richman, host of the most entertaining show on TV...

http://eater.com/archives/2010/09/28/alton-brown-calls-man-v-food-gluttonous-and-disgusting.php

Alton Brown Calls Man v Food Gluttonous and "Disgusting"
Tuesday, September 28, 2010, by Raphael Brion

In an interview with Zap2It, Alton Brown called the Travel Channel's eating-challenge show Man vs. Food "disgusting." He said: "That show is about gluttony, and gluttony is wrong. It's wasteful. Think about people that are starving to death and think about that show. I think it's an embarrassment."

Man v Food host Adam Richman responds

Later, to try to set the record straight, Man vs. Food's host Adam Richman replied on Twitter: "Alton Brown: MvF is about indulgence-NOT gluttony-& has brought loads of biz to Mom-n-Pop places. You were my hero, sir. No more." Later Richman wrote, "My previous Tweet is not to start some foolish Twitter feud. Merely my hurt response to insults hurled my way from the man who inspired me."

We're not sure how Brown's nerdy food science show Good Eats inspired Richman to eat things like a 6-pound two-foot-long burrito or a 5-pound cheesesteak made with three pounds of beef, one pound of American cheese, and a half-pound of fried onions — all in one sitting, mind you. But sure thing! Inspiration takes many forms.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm Glad i found this site.Added robalini.blogspot.com to my bookmark!