Friday, October 1, 2010

Lady Gaga's Born This Way Is Her 'Freedom Album,' Producer Says

http://www.mtv.com/news/articles/1648587/20100923/lady_gaga.jhtml
Sep 23 2010
Lady Gaga's Born This Way Is Her 'Freedom Album,' Producer Says
RedOne says the upcoming Born This Way is 'too good to talk about.'
Jocelyn Vena

Why will Lady Gaga's forthcoming Born This Way album "piss people off"?

Gaga's main man, producer and songwriter RedOne, thinks it might be because the album is all about the artist's liberation. "I think it's more of her freedom album. It's like freedom this album ... it's her album!" he told MTV News.

But trying to squeeze any more details out of the "Bad Romance" producer proved difficult. He remained tight-lipped about details, mostly because he feels the album, which Gaga has noted will veer toward bitter and political, isn't ready for everyday talk just yet.

"To be honest with you, I think that this album that she's making is too precious to talk about. When it comes out you'll hear and you'll make your choice," he said. "I think you're gonna love it. But I think it's too precious for me to talk about it. It's crazy."

RedOne said that as far as he knows there will be no Beyoncé-type collaborations on Born This Way. But he reiterated that he's always stepping up his game with each album.

"I said with everything I do I want to shock people. Honestly, it's like whatever I do, I always want to shock people sonically, lyrically with the writer, anything that's gonna get the reaction," he said. "And so when it comes to her album, I mean honestly, I really think it's too precious, it's too good to talk about. I don't want to talk about it at all. I just want to save it. I'll let her talk about it. It's her. It's her presenting Gaga. I'm the producer, but she's the artist.

"Whatever happens later is going to happen," he said about which of his tracks might make the final cut. "I can't say I'm doing this or I'm doing that. It's a surprise. I want to leave it like that."

No comments: